Raymond J. Konior, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Raymond Konior has performed the highest quality hair restoration surgery in the Chicago area for over 30 years. The doctor performs a state-of-the-art technique called "Ultra-Refined Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation." It is the consensus of Dr. Konior's peers and patients that this technique consistently produces exceptional results.
Background and Credentials
Dr. Konior was born in the city of Chicago and now resides in the area with his wife and children. He graduated college with honors from the University of Illinois. This was followed by the University of Illinois School of Medicine, a surgical residency in head and neck surgery at Northwestern University, and a fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Texas.
Dr. Konior has impressive credentials for a hair restoration surgeon including certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Konior was voted one of Chicago's "Top Docs" by Chicago Magazine, making him the only fully dedicated hair restoration surgeon in Chicago voted into the magazine.
Founder, the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
In an effort to bring greater legitimacy and control to the practice of hair restoration, Dr. Konior and 14 other hair surgeons formed the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery in 1998. These top doctors set the current academic standards for assuring competency in hair transplantation. Besides being one of the founding members, Dr. Konior assisted in writing the first written examination and other original documents.
Dr. Konior maintained a surgical professorship with Loyola University Medical Center beginning in 1989.
Voted "Top Doctors in the Chicago Metro Area" for the last 17 years.
The doctor has demonstrated his surgical expertise on local and national media, including television news programs, professional journals, cable television documentaries, newspapers, and magazines. Dr. Konior has been an active member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons since 1994 and co-chaired the Chicago Hair Meeting for the AAFPRS when it came to Chicago. He is also the author of research articles, journal articles, professional book chapters and a textbook on hair restoration.
He was one of only 5% of the Chicago area doctors voted for inclusion in Woodward & White's "Guide to the Best Doctors in America". For the last 17 years he has been selected to be listed in the Castle Connolly guide, "Top Doctors in the Chicago Metro Area".
Reasons to be Confident in Dr. Konior
- Ethical Focus - Chicago Hair Institute is not associated with any outside hair restoration chain or franchise. Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi provide personalized care that is uncommon in the field of hair restoration. All consultations and surgical procedures are performed personally by Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi. There are no sales people associated with the practice and your surgical treatment is not delegated to staff or any other surgeon. The doctor-patient relationship is treated as being of foremost importance in the care that is provided to our patients.
- Ultra-Refined Follicular-Unit Transplantation - Dr. Konior is one of a select group of hair restoration surgeons in the world to be recognized as performing ultra-refined follicular unit hair transplantation. This advanced technique is credited with producing superior density, faster healing, larger number of grafts, and the most natural results. See the section on "Technique" for a full explanation of his methods and pursuit of excellence.
- A Facial Plastic Surgeon's Touch - While hair restoration physicians come from a myriad of backgrounds, few have extensive surgical training and very few are board-certified facial plastic surgeons. Whether the issue is reducing scar tissue or framing the hairline in the most aesthetically suitable manner, Dr. Konior has a broad background for producing the most advanced cosmetic results.
- Patients by Referral, not by Marketing - Dr. Konior's surgical schedule is filled primarily with family, friends, or acquaintances of satisfied former patients. Many of Dr. Konior's remaining patients are referred from fellow physicians and professionals in the hair care industry. It is a testament to his reputation of excellence that his schedule books months in advance for consultations and surgery.
- Experience - Since 1988, Dr. Konior has performed thousands of hair transplant surgeries and has been actively involved in research, education and training. Dr. Konior was one of the founding members of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and helped to write the first test for new applicants. His expertise has been shown in medical journal articles, book chapters, television documentaries and television news programs.
- International Recognition - Dr. Konior has performed surgery on patients and trained surgeons from every corner of the world. The doctor co-chaired the "Global Convocation on Hair Restoration Surgery" meeting which drew international surgeons to participate in and learn about the newest advances in hair restoration surgery.
- Academic Credentials - Dr. Konior is actively involved with teaching other physicians the art and science of surgical hair restoration. He maintains an academic affiliation with Loyola University Medical Center where he holds the title of Clinical Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery.
- Commitment to Excellence - Dr. Konior understands that each and every patient is unique with respect to their needs and goals. The doctor approaches each person as an individual in order to provide the best experience possible. He maintains a strong commitment to excellence in his chosen career and passes that commitment along to every patient he treats.